Cameroon, West Africa
March 18-31, 2019
Application Due Dates:
Early – October 2018
Late – January 2019
5 out of 10
Average high is in the mid 80s, but with high humidity it feels much hotter. Overnight lows average in the upper 60s. Expect rain at times and muggy days.
Simple housing with shared rooms, flushing toilets, and hot showers. Internet is available, but unreliable.
Purpose of Program:
To provide meaningful child care for the children of missionaries during their annual Retreat and Branch Conference
Number of Kids in Program:
Approximately 40 kids, ages 3-12 yrs old
Cameroon is situated in West and Central Africa. Due to it’s diverse climates, it is sometimes referred to as “Africa in miniature” as it includes a little taste of each region of Africa. French and English are the official languages of Cameroon.
Sightseeing and shopping at a local craft market.
- Flights (from the US approximately $1500)
- Refuge 139 Cost $1500 (includes room/board, in-country expenses, visa, evacuation insurance)
- All Childhood Immunizations
- Td/Tdap Booster
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Yellow Fever – required for entrance to Cameroon
- Malaria – This is NOT an immunization, but is an oral medication taken while in a malaria area to help prevent malaria.
Number of Volunteers Needed:
Dirt roads and uneven surfaces make it difficult for those with mobility challenges. Those with food allergies or special diets may want to bring their own food or decide to choose another trip.