Watch Our Promo Video
About Our Trips
We would love for you to join us on one of our trips to work with our missionary kids (MKs). The trip would include pre-field material, in-country orientation/training, assistance with the Refuge 139 program, a fun in-country outing, and a trip debrief by experienced Refuge 139 staff.
Trip Costs: airfare + $1500 USD (This includes room/board, in-country expenses, visas, evacuation insurance, and other program costs.)
- Assisting the Lead Staff as they run a full day, VBS style program for ages 0-18 years of age
- Specific Responsibilities may include: leading lessons/small groups, helping with games and crafts, and/or nursery work
- Being sensitive to and encouraging missionary kids (MKs) and their unique needs and culture
- Give feedback and encouragement to missionary parents in relation to their children
- Inspire and encourage the spiritual, physical, mental, and social development of MKs to their greatest God-given potential
Mental/Physical Health Requirements
- Capable of international travel independently
- No mobility issues- locations are largely not handicap accessible
- Able to work in a team setting and live in close quarters
- Comfortable living in a cross cultural setting where accommodations and food may be more spartan
Child Safety Requirements
We take Child Safety very seriously. In order to participate in this program, the applicant must not have intentionally viewed pornography for a minimum of 12 months and must pass a Criminal Background Check to qualify. If you have concerns, please email email@example.com.
Church Groups and Teams
Refuge 139 is setup to take both individuals and groups. If your church would like to send a group of any size, please contact us. Refuge 139 is an ideal partnership with a church looking to do a short term mission trip. Our trips help to meet real field ministry needs and blesses the missionaries. By setting up the trips, organizing the transportation, and handling the finances, we make trips like these easy for church groups to participate. Please contact us if you are interested in bringing a group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for fliers about Refuge 139 trips.